Gain insight on the opportunities and challenges for the industry in the Caspian Region, with high level speakers from the Ministry, SOCAR and BP.
The COG conference provides a great opportunity to get a comprehensive overview on the state of the industry, acquire and expand valuable business contacts in fuel and energy companies.
- The proven oil resources of the Caspian region total 10 billion tonnes, 3 billion of which belong to the Azerbaijani sector of the Caspian Sea
- The Caspian region’s proven and recoverable natural gas reserves are about 7% of the world’s reserves. The proven gas reserves of Azerbaijan total 2.6 trillion cubic metres
- Caspian region’s distinctive role in contributing to the security of energy supplies to Europe and global energy security
- Successful completion of the Azeri-Chirag-Guneshli (ACG) and Shah Deniz (SD) projects and the operation of Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan (BTC) oil pipeline and the South Caucasus gas pipeline (SCP)
- Azerbaijan has a unique geographical location between Europe and Asia, due to which it has a significant role in the transportation of Caspian energy resources to the international market
- Creation in the country of the biggest in the region complex of oil and gas processing and petrochemicals
- The only oil and gas event of its kind in the region
- Full support from the Government of Azerbaijan
- Large trade missions from different countries
Statistics from 2016:
- Number of delegates: 416
- Number of sponsors: 14
- Number of presentations: 40
- Number of participating countries: 32