Everyone knows that culture is important – but why? What about security and safety culture?
Starting from first principles, this training unpacks the key characteristics of culture, explaining what it is – and what it is not. Culture arises from repeated Behaviour – if we do the same things over and over again we will develop a shared approach to “how we do things around here”. But behaviour is based on our underlying Attitudes – how we think shapes our actions. This gives us the A-B-C Model of culture: Attitudes shape Behaviour which forms Culture. There are also feedback loops as the prevailing Culture also influences how we think and act.
Any process that brings all levels within the organization together to work on a common goal that everyone holds in high value will strengthen the organizational culture.
A company with a strong safety culture typically experiences few at-risk behaviours, consequently they also experience low incident rates, low turn-over, low absenteeism, and high productivity. They are usually companies who are extremely successful by excelling in all aspects of business and excellence.
On completing of this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand what the security and safety culture is
- Overview human life cycle activities (the main 4 groups)
- Overview potential risks on workplace, home, road and public events
- Understand emergency procedures for workplaces
- Recognize and asses common security and safety risks
- Understand the importance of PPE on construction areas and sites
- Define safety responsibilities for all levels of the organization
- Establish a shared vision of safety and security goals and objectives
- What is culture?
- Culture formation stages
- Corporate security and safety culture
- Human life-cycle activities and their directions
- Identifying risks
- Preventive and reactive measures
- Workplace safety
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Emergency situations
- Emergency procedures
- Event security and safety measures
Participants of the course will develop their view of security and safety. Their attitude towards security and safety risks will change positively, whether they at home or workplace, on the road, in a car or public transport, on the concert, meeting or any other event.
At the end of the session all participants will be awarded by Certificates.