Organizations are constantly facing new challenges and opportunities. Without a clear path to follow when it comes to managing projects, the task of achieving the desired objectives would prove very difficult. This foundation course provides an introduction to the fundamental theory and approach used to manage projects successfully and teaches the project management knowledge and skills that provide the groundwork for success. By understanding the fundamentals of project management, you will be better prepared to initiate a project in your organization and position it for success.
Moreover, this detailed Project Management Fundamentals course will introduce you to the purpose and content of the PMBOK® Guide, and provide some definitions of projects, project management, program management, portfolio management, organizational project management, operations management, organizational strategy, business value, and the project life cycle. All of these foundation concepts are important to ensure that you understand the terminology used by the PMBOK® Guide, which also appears in the PMP® exam.
What you will achieve
- Understand the differences and interrelationships between project, program, and portfolio management.
- Determine the difference between project work and ongoing operational work.
- Define organizational process assets and their benefit to project management.
- Define and understand the characteristics of the project life cycle, including project phases.
- Define enterprise environmental factors and the ways in which they can assist and constrain a project.
- Reduce variation and errors in communications utilizing common terms and techniques of project work.
- Identify key stakeholders and their roles
- Project Definition: Project Goals, Objectives and Benefits
- Difference between Project and Ongoing Operations
- Project Management Defined
- Program and Portfolio Management
- Project Management Process Groups
- Project Life Cycle
- Project Stakeholders
Who should attend
- New project managers
- Experienced project managers seeking to learn industry terms and best practices
- Project team members
- Any stakeholders working in project environments