We often hear the term Human Resource Management, Employee Relations and Personnel Management used in the popular press as well as by Industry experts. Whenever we hear these terms, we conjure images of efficient managers busily going about their work in glitzy offices.
In this training program, we will look at the question “what is HRM ?” by giving a broad overview of the topic and introducing the readers to the practice of HRM in contemporary organizations.
By the end of this seminar participants will be able to:
- Understand Strategic HRM approaches (SHRM)
- Describe the role and functions of the Personnel/HR Department
- Show awareness of employee resourcing , recruitment & reward
- Describe best practice in working with employees and assisting with employee problems
- Understand performance management in a multi-cultural environment
- State the benefits of HR Planning and HR Ethics
- Introducing Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Main activities, responsibilities and tasks of HRM
- Introducing Strategic HRM (SHRM)
- Typical department structure – HRM department case study
- Qualifications and professional study
- Personal qualities needed for HRM work
- Administration and business support
- Monitoring and reporting – Sickness and Absence
- Introduction to HR databases and computer systems
- Performance management in a multi-cultural setting
- Appraisal systems and 360 degree feedback
- The employee disciplinary interview
- Pay and reward, compensation and benefits
- Recruitment and selection
- Assessment and development centres
- Use of references
- Induction for new employees
- Managing employee problems
- Complying with employment law
- Equality of opportunity & employee diversity
- Dignity-at-work, Bullying & Harassment
- Exit procedures and exit interviews
- What is learning?
- Training and Development
- Human resource planning
- HR and Training and Development
This seminar provides a comprehensive and modern overview of the role and activities of the Human Resource\Personnel (HR) Department. It presents the latest tools and techniques for the effective management of people.
Participants will learn about the processes involved, the systems used and the skills needed to be successful in a modern HR Department.
A certificate of attendance will be issued upon completion of this program.